Monday, November 19, 2012

Wesley does NiceServe

So, after an insanely busy week in Atlanta working on my senior design project for engineering, I arrived home late Friday night. I got up early Saturday morning and experienced the joy of my first NiceServe. I was exhausted and did not want to get up, but the allure of 4Rivers and getting to serve with my friends got me out of bed. We had the opportunity of serving at Covenant House. This is a place where teens with nowhere left to go are given a home and provision. We reorganized a mess of a room, and even though it took 3 hours we had fun doing it. I also got to meet some pretty cool people. It is amazing how much can get done when the kingdom is actively moving. How great would it be if we would do these things without incentive or without knowing our friends were going to be present. The mess in that little room was overwhelming, but that was no excuse to forfeit our attempts at cleaning. The needs of the world are like that little room: completely overwhelming and sometimes appearing hopeless. Even when we can't see the difference we have made, we must push forward knowing that we do these things not for ourselves, but for God's glory and the opportunity to give as He has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment